What Is Situational Homelessness?
The status of being forced to live without housing due to a life-altering event, such as job loss, domestic violence, medical emergency, or natural disaster.
Of the 3 Million Americans Experiencing Homelessness Over the Course of a Year, Over 70% Are Situationally Homeless.
The reality is that most Americans teeter on the brink of homelessness, only one financial challenge away from living on the street or in a shelter.
- 43.1 million Americans live below the poverty level
- 549,000 Americans are homeless on a typical night
- 42 million Americans are at risk of suffering from hunger
- 1 in 5 children in the U.S. live in poverty
- 1 in 5 Americans have no savings set aside to cover an unexpected emergency